IMPORTANT: Due to recent, frequent and heavy rainfall, trails within the Ganaraska Forest may be eroded. Should you see any trail erosion, please report it by emailing email@example.com.
For available trails in the Ganaraska Forest, please refer to the GF Trail Map and use your best judgement while navigating trails.
Memberships and Day Passes are available for sale at store.ganaraskaconservation.ca and day passes are also available from the Gatehouse Kiosk at the Ganaraska Forest Centre.
Please Note: We are continuing to work on clearing single track trails in the Central Forest. Access is restricted during this maintenance period.
For more information, please see the revised Ganaraska Forest Rules & Etiquette. The Ganaraska Forest is open from dawn until dusk each day.
Trail Maintenance Volunteer Program info available here.
Please note: All Ganaraska Forest visitors are required to have a membership or day pass and are required to present their membership or day pass to GRCA staff or enforcement officers upon request and display a valid Ganaraska Forest parking pass on the dash of their highway vehicle while parked at the Ganaraska Forest.
(Forest membership and day passes are non-transferable)
|Every person visiting Ganaraska Forest requires a Ganaraska Forest Day Pass or Membership||PERMITTED USES||YOUTH: 11 Years of Age & Under|
|HIKING||SNOW SHOEING||CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING||MOUNTAIN BIKING||HORSEBACK RIDING||HUNTING||MOTORIZED PASSENGER||MOTORIZED OPERATOR||MEMBERSHIP||DAY PASSES|
|Hiking / Snowshoeing||yes||yes||$32||$0||$7||0$|
|Cross Country Skiing||yes||yes||yes||$80||$40||$16||$8|
|Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding, Hunting||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||$80||$40||$16||$8|
|Motorized Use (Operator)||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||$190||$95||$32||$16|
|Motorized Use (Passenger)||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||$80||$40||$16||$8|
|*fees subject to change|
Parking (please remember to display your valid parking pass)
- Ganaraska Forest Centre, 10585 Cold Springs Camp Road (No unloading Off Road Vehicles, Snowmobiles or Horses )
- Horse Trailer Lot, 10th Line Hope (1 km east of Cold Springs Camp Road) Horse trailer Parking Only
- P2, Boundary Road (1.5 km east of HWY 115)
- P6, Corner of Porter Road and Sandaraska Road (Additional dedicated Horse Trailer Parking)
- P7, Carscadden Road (1km north of Conession Road 8)
- P5, 10th Line Port Hope (1.5 km west of County Road 10)
Ganaraska Forest Centre (GFC)
- Public washrooms and showers available in the small building with a blue door at GFC.
- ORV’s (ATVs and off-road motorcycles) are not permitted to ride anywhere on Forest Centre grounds.
- Ganaraska Forest Centre ORV parking area is located just north of the main driveway into the GFC. (no unloading ORV’s, no highway vehicle parking in this lot)
- Horses are not permitted on GFC grounds. Equestrians visiting the GFC must use the provided.