Important Ganaraska Forest Information
- Current Cross-Country Trail Conditions
- Important Timber Harvest Info - Sept. 26, 2023
- Timber harvest season has now started in the Ganaraska Forest – Click here for more information.
- To access the Ganaraska Forest, each individual must have a membership or day pass, which are available for sale at store.ganaraskaconservation.ca. Day passes are also available from the Gatehouse Kiosk at the Ganaraska Forest Centre.
- Should you see any trail erosion or downed trees, please report it by emailing email@example.com.
- Single track trails in the Central Forest are currently not available, however, other trails within the Central Forest are available for non-motorized multi-use. Please refer to the Ganaraska Forest Trails Map.
- The Ganaraska Forest Trails Map represents Ganaraska Forest Trails only, Municipal roads are not part of the Ganaraska Forest Trail system.
- Before you visit the Ganaraska Forest, please read the Ganaraska Forest Rules & Etiquette. The Ganaraska Forest is open from dawn until dusk each day.
- Learn more about volunteering in the Ganaraska Forest.
Explore the trails of the Ganaraska Forest
This web-based map is updated, as needed, to reflect trail notices or restrictions throughout the year and is the only approved map for the Ganaraska Forest's multi-use, recreational trails.
The map can be viewed in a web browser or can be downloaded onto a mobile device, where you can track your location on the downloaded map without needing mobile data. Please follow the instructions below the map.
See instructions below on how to use the web mapping application, as well as how to Access, Install and Set-up the mobile app on your own device. For more information on recreational-use, please see the revised Ganaraska Forest Rules & Etiquette. The Ganaraska Forest is open from dawn until dusk each day.
Please Note: Previous paper / PDF maps are no longer valid for use and the GRCA does not recognize the use or displayed trail data of third-party mapping applications.
The GRCA are continuing to work on clearing single track trails in the Central Forest. Access is restricted during this maintenance period.
Refresh Maps Before You Visit the Ganaraska Forest
To ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the Ganaraska Forest Trails Map, please delete the saved maps on your mobile device and save updated offline maps before you visit the Forest.
Please download the ArcGIS Field Maps app while you create an account.