Important Ganaraska Forest Information
- Current Cross-Country Trail Conditions
- Important Timber Harvest Info - Sept. 26, 2023
- Timber harvest season has now started in the Ganaraska Forest – Click here for more information.
- To access the Ganaraska Forest, each individual must have a membership or day pass, which are available for sale at store.ganaraskaconservation.ca. Day passes are also available from the Gatehouse Kiosk at the Ganaraska Forest Centre.
- Should you see any trail erosion or downed trees, please report it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Single track trails in the Central Forest are currently not available, however, other trails within the Central Forest are available for non-motorized multi-use. Please refer to the Ganaraska Forest Trails Map.
- The Ganaraska Forest Trails Map represents Ganaraska Forest Trails only, Municipal roads are not part of the Ganaraska Forest Trail system.
- Before you visit the Ganaraska Forest, please read the Ganaraska Forest Rules & Etiquette. The Ganaraska Forest is open from dawn until dusk each day.
- Learn more about volunteering in the Ganaraska Forest.
The Heart of the Ganaraska Forest
The Ganaraska Forest Centre is a multi-use facility, located in the heart of the 11,000-acre Ganaraska Forest.
Featuring overnight accommodations for over 80 people, the facility boasts a large Great Hall, four break-out classrooms, a commercial kitchen, and expert culinary staff to look after any group's dietary needs.
The certified teachers at the Ganaraska Forest Centre offer over 25 Ontario curriculum-linked outdoor educational opportunities to students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, through Day-use Programming, or 2, 3, 4 or 5-day Overnight Experience stays. The Ganaraska Forest Centre's Outdoor Education Programs meet or exceed the criteria of the Ontario Physical and Health Education Association's (OPHEA) Safety Guidelines. All instructors are Ontario-certified teachers, with outdoor education emphasis, and combined, have several years of practical, hands-on teaching experience. The facility is also available for private and corporate events and community and non-profit groups.
The Ganaraska Forest Centre is a fully Accessible Site, with users having access to an All-Terrain Wheelchair, for those with mobility issues.
Treetop Trekking Ganaraska is an aerial park in the Central Ganaraska Forest.
While at the Ganaraska Forest, visit Treetop Trekking Ganaraska, who independently operate in the Central Forest.