For landowners, solicitors or real estate agents working on behalf of a client in the Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority Watershed who have questions about GRCA’s plan review and permitting process or want additional information about a piece of land, GRCA staff would be pleased to provide information regarding any questions you may have and provide comment through our inquiry process.  

Are you looking for more information about a property or are you a solicitor wanting to acquire written information about a specific property?

GRCA Inquiry Form

GRCA administers Ontario Regulation 168/06, the Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation. GRCA regulates development and activities in or adjacent to river or stream valleys, Great Lakes and inland lake shorelines, watercourses, floodplains, wetlands and hazardous lands. A permit from the GRCA may be requires in the areas for such activities as new construction (eg: home, addition, accessory structure, pool, deck, septic etc.) or fill placement and/or site grading.

GRCA also regulates alterations to watercourses – the straightening, changing, diverting or interfering in any way with the existing channel of a river, creek, stream or wetland.  This may include stream bank erosion protection or the installation of a bridge or culvert.

GRCA’s regulation is intended to ensure that development taking place within these lands is protected from flooding, erosion, dynamic beaches and pollution, and that conservation of land is not affected by the development.